4. Page Titles & Meta Descriptions
How to write a good page title and meta description for your website
This lesson is all about Page Titles and Meta Descriptions, which you’ll be pleased to hear is a lot less complicated than it sounds.
So far on the course we’ve learnt how to optimise content that is visible on the page. Now we’re going to look at meta content which kind of lives in the background in your website’s code.
It’s one of the most powerful parts of your SEO toolkit.
This part of the course includes
- What is meta data?
- What makes up a search listing?
- What makes a good search listing?
- How to write a good Google listing
- Examples of search listings for different types of businesses
- Setting your meta data in WordPress using the Yoast SEO plugin
- How to set your meta data in Squarespace
Take the SEO for Small Business training course
In this self-paced SEO training course you'll learn how to make small but mighty changes to your website so it shows up higher in search results and new customers can find you more easily.
The course consists of 8 bite-sized videos of around 10 minutes each. Lessons feature demos and explanations of SEO terms and what they mean in practice for different businesses featuring real world examples.