5. Labelling Images Effectively
How to label your website images for accessibility and SEO
This lesson is all about your website’s images and how to label them effectively.
Labelling your images accurately is very significant as not only is it another opportunity to add keywords to your page, but more importantly it’s also key in making your site more accessible for people who are visually impaired.
Labelling your images correctly is a win-win. It’s good for SEO and good for the world as a whole.
This part of the course includes
- Why label your images?
- The importance of website accessibility
- What is Alt Text?
- How to write accurate alt text
- How to make your website images show on search engines
- How to include key words in alt text
- How to set image alt text in WordPress and Squarespace
Take the SEO for Small Business training course
In this self-paced SEO training course you'll learn how to make small but mighty changes to your website so it shows up higher in search results and new customers can find you more easily.
The course consists of 8 bite-sized videos of around 10 minutes each. Lessons feature demos and explanations of SEO terms and what they mean in practice for different businesses featuring real world examples.