8. Using Google Search Console
How to use Google Search Console
Learn how to measure your SEO progress and spot opportunities for further optimisation with Google Search Console.
In this lesson you’ll learn how to submit webpage updates to Google using its Search Console tool so they get recognised faster.
Google Search Console also does a lot of other cool stuff, like show you what keywords your site currently shows up for and who links to you as well!
This part of the course includes
- What is Google Search Console and what does it do?
- How to submit page updates to Google with the Link Inspector tool
- How to submit a sitemap to Google so it can find your pages
- How to measure your website’s search performance and tweak your keyword strategy as well as spot opportunities for new phrases.
- How to understand metrics such as clicks, impressions, click through rate (CTR) and position
- How to use tabs and filters to gain a better vision of your data
- How to understand your Search Console data and action improvements based on your findings
- How to check your backlinks and see who is linking to your website
Take the SEO for Small Business training course
In this self-paced SEO training course you'll learn how to make small but mighty changes to your website so it shows up higher in search results and new customers can find you more easily.
The course consists of 8 bite-sized videos of around 10 minutes each. Lessons feature demos and explanations of SEO terms and what they mean in practice for different businesses featuring real world examples.