Use of private information policy (GDPR)
I respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how I collect and treat any information you give me.
Why I value your privacy
I value your privacy as much as I do my own, so I’m committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. I’m uncomfortable with the information companies, governments, and other organisations keep on file, so I ask for only the bare minimum from my customers. I’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and I’ll never give anyone access to it unless forced to by law.
How I collect information on this website
When purchasing a course, I will collect your:
- Email Address
- Company name (if supplied)
- Address (for credit card fraud protection)
This will be used to send you your receipt and act as your student account login.
Payment details are taken and processed by Stripe.
What information I hold
- When you contact me by email or through our website or subscribe to my newsletter, I collect your name and email address.
- If you purchase a course, I also collect your business name and address and keep records of the invoices I send you and the payments you make.
Where I store your information
When you contact me by email or through my website, I store your your information in SparkMail, my email software. If you subscribe to my newsletter I’ll store your name and email address in my email marketing software ButtonDown. If we do business, I also store your information in my accounts software, Quickbooks.
Any email correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org is conducted via my website’s mail server which is hosted by 34SP.
What I use your information for
I will use your information to correspond with you on prospective and active projects as well as to send you invoices, statements, or reminders. If you’ve subscribed to my mailing list I’ll contact you about my training workshops, blogs and new projects.
Who has access to information about you
When I store information in my own systems, only the people who need it have access (ie. me).
This website uses several functional cookies:
- To remember if you have a product in your basket.
- To remember if you are logged in when accessing course content.
- If you entered the website via an existing student’s referral link, a cookie will be used to remember who referred you.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions, or if you’ve any reason to complain, about the ways I handle your privacy, please contact me by email at email@example.com.
Changes to the policy
If I change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment I publish them on my website.
Last updated: 22nd August 2022